CURR ICUL UM VITAE
MarГa Lorena ZГЎrate
I happened to be created in Los Angeles Plata, Argentina on 18, 1971 november. I learned History in the nationwide University of Los Angeles Plata and had been a known user associated with performing Group on artistic History.
Before joining the Habitat Global Coalition (HIC) in Mexico City, we struggled to obtain 7 years in Argentina being user regarding the modifying and publishing group when it comes to Centre for Environmental Studies and Projects Foundation (FundaciГіn CEPA, Centro de Estudios y Proyectos del Ambiente), the Latin American Forum for Environmental Studies (Foro Latinoamericano de Ciencias Ambientales)-UNESCO seat on Sustainable Development, while the journal Environment (Revista Ambiente).
I’ve been surviving in Mexico City since June 1999 and I also joined the HIC-Latin America (HIC-AL) local group in 2000, collaborating with Fomento Solidario de la Vivienda (FOSOVI) as well as other companies associated with Mexico Habitat Coalition (CHM). I have already been the Coordinator regarding the HIC-Latin United states Regional workplace since 2003.
My native language is Spanish, we talk and compose English and French, and I also understand and read Portuguese.
Regional Workplace Coordination, HIC-Latin America
Main obligations consist of:
- General administration, coordination and utilization of regional and worldwide tasks underneath the auspices of numerous donors, along with drafting necessary reports;
- Organization, coordination and involvement in HIC local, national and worldwide conferences, such as the Board and General Assembly;
- Preparing, involvement and followup of HIC regional, nationwide and events that are international particularly the World personal Forum, the Americas personal Forum, as well as the World Urban Form;
- Organization of training activities for HIC and networks that are related
- Ongoing communication and help for regional HIC user companies in Latin America, as well as in other regions (Spanish-, English-, French- and Portuguese-speaking people) to produce, implement, monitor and disseminate tasks and projects in a cooperative manner;
- Developing and strengthening of links with other local, nationwide and networks that are international like the execution and diffusion of typical tasks, such as for example promotions, occasions, studies, and magazines;
- Composing center point electronic bulletins and articles for HIC regional and websites that are international
- Coordination and modifying of local, nationwide and HIC that is international, including involvement in French-Spanish, English-Spanish and Portuguese-Spanish translations.
Regional and Overseas Projects
Help towards the HIC-Latin American Regional Secretariat. Coordination of techniques, agendas, action plans for social motions, technical groups, grassroots businesses, NGOs, and academics to advocate for policies in popular housing and habitat, because of the aim of enhancing housing conditions among low-income communities. Misereor, Germany, 2001-2003, 2004-2006, 2007-2009, and 2010-2012.
Individual liberties connected to habitat in Meso-America. Project developed resistance techniques for regional businesses and communities threatened by the Panama Arrange in addition to risk of forced displacement and human being liberties violations. In coordination with Silvia Emanuelli (HIC-AL). Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, Germany, 2003-present.
Regional Venture on Ladies and Housing: Constructing Dignity. In coordination because of the Observatori DESC (Barcelona), HIC General Secretariat and HIC-Women and Habitat Network for Latin America (Red Mujer y HГЎbitat). Sustained by ACCD and DiputaciГі de Barcelona, Spain, 2007-2008.
The social creation of habitat additionally the straight to housing and also to the town in Latin America: Strategic instructions for HIC local action and advocacy . 12 companies and 7 cities/countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Mexico and Uruguay) took part in this task, with preparation, evaluation and monitoring conferences in Caracas, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, and BogotГЎ. Sustained by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2005-2008.
Task to support advocacy procedures for policies linked to the social creation of habitat. Supported by the Swedish Cooperative Centre, Sweden, 2007.
Global task regarding the social manufacturing of habitat: Conceptual development, instance studies, help instruments and policy advocacy that is public. The task included HIC that is diverse and HIC figures in the centre East, Africa, Asia, European countries and Latin America. InWent, Germany, 2003-2005.
Regional task to bolster society that is civil the understanding of human being legal rights associated with habitat. 10 companies and 5 cities/countries, including Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico y Uruguay. Preparing, evaluation and monitoring conferences in Buenos Aires, MГ©xico, and Los Angeles Paz. Sustained by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2003-2005.
Г– Participated into the core group for the HIC institutional evaluation: evaluated the dwelling associated with the coalition, including HIC-Latin America (June 2006-April 2007). Organization and involvement in workshops at worldwide and levels that are regional also planning of industry visits. Tangled up in developing terms of guide for assessment as well as in coordinating an element of the assessment documentвЂ™s translation that is final.
Г– Organization, coordination and followup of HIC internal conferences at regional and nationwide amounts in Latin America, also adding to coalition that is global.
Г– Development, outreach and strengthening of links with companies, motions and systems that really work on habitat and housing dilemmas regionally and internationally. This includes public announcements, press outreach, public events, campaigns, document development, urgent action appeals, publications and action-research among other activities.